Update to iOS7

clare123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
I have an iPhone 4S that's still on iOS6 - I've heard that the performance of iOS8 on the 4S isn't great, is there anyway for me to update to iOS7 instead?

Thanks in advance.

BlueMoonForever

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Can I ask why on earth you'd want to upgrade to iOS 7 if your running 6? The 4S will run iOS 6 very, very well. The 4S ran iOS 7 like crap, except 7.1.2 (which isn't available anymore). And even 7.1.2 could have been miles better.

Keep it on 6. Besides the look of 6 is much better, IMO.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Can I ask why on earth you'd want to upgrade to iOS 7 if your running 6? The 4S will run iOS 6 very, very well. The 4S ran iOS 7 like crap, except 7.1.2 (which isn't available anymore). And even 7.1.2 could have been miles better.

Keep it on 6. Besides the look of 6 is much better, IMO.
^^^This.

If there was some miracle that allowed me to downgrade from this PlaySkool/Fisher Price inspired color fruit cake iOS 7.1.2 back to iOS 6 I'd take it in a hearbeat.

clare123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
Thanks everyone.
The only reason I was really considering updating was because there were a couple of apps I'd wanted to download that weren't available on iOS6 - I don't want them badly enough to deal with any problems iOS8 might cause on a 4S though when iOS6 does just fine!

Thanks again for your replies.

fepu

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2015
Thanks everyone.
The only reason I was really considering updating was because there were a couple of apps I'd wanted to download that weren't available on iOS6 - I don't want them badly enough to deal with any problems iOS8 might cause on a 4S though when iOS6 does just fine!

Thanks again for your replies.
I have the same problem, any news on this?

Thanks,
F

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I have the same problem, any news on this?
Nobody's reverse-engineered signing yet, and I believe that it's extremely difficult. There is unlikely to be a way to install iOS 7 within your phone's useful lifetime.