Update to jailbroken 4.3.1 from 4.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrmister, Apr 7, 2011.

1. mrmister macrumors regular

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS on 4.1, which has been very stable and dependable with excellent battery life.

I am tempted to upgrade to 4.3.1, but I feel like there isn't enough to justify the trouble, and the danger that I may lose battery life. From what I can tell, the big changes from 4.1 to 4.3.1 are:

--Faster Safari with Nitro...but I use Atomic.
    --Get to use Adobe Photoshop again--they restricted it to 4.2 and up, so I lost the ability to use it.
    --MyWi (which I already own) will use built in systems for tethering.

Is that it? I feel like there's more, but it doesn't really register with me...and I worry that I'll update and discover battery life or functionality is impaired.

On the other hand, if I don't upgrade I worry more and more programs like Adobe will set new minimum requirements and be out of reach.

I'm gunshy because I upraded to 4.2.1, and had to downgrade because it didn't actually work well with MobileMe anymore--the calendars wouldn't sync, nothing would work correctly. I would love to know if people know if this is sorted out in 4.3.1.

Advice welcome!

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Personally, I'm waiting. The jb still has some issues with unlocked bb and the display of the signal bar; it's cosmetic, but it's annoying.
    Anyway, do you really want to be a guinea pig for the dev team? I only just upgraded to 4.2.1 from 4.1 a few days ago (which btw was easy as pie). I probably won't take as long with the 4.3.1 jb update, but I'm definitely waiting until the dev team has a fix for the ultrasnow issue.
    If you're not having issues with 4.1, then wait. It won't kill you.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep +1