Update to Leopard GM?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shorty116, Oct 11, 2007.

1. shorty116 macrumors member

I was just wondering if Developers can update their Leopard Betas to the final release via Software Update, anyone know?

2. projectle macrumors 6502

In the past, that has been a resounding "no".
    It could be different this time around, however odds are that they will need to go back onto ADC and download the final release and then "install" the normal way.

It is possible that Apple will add an "Upgrade" option from Leopard betas to the *Final* Leopard build, however I would consider this unlikely.

Just think of all the fun that could happen with troubleshooting issues related to incorrect version numbers of some resource files that were never properly upgraded when moving from a "Pre-Release" to a "Release" version.

The most that you can hope for is making a new disc and doing an "Archive + Install".

Maybe Apple will surprise us with something amazing and awesome... I don't know and I doubt that anyone else here does either.

I am sure that a lot of this is not even up to developers at this point and rests firmly in the hands of QA. They want to keep things simple so that they can teach people how to troubleshoot it properly.

Fewest numbers of variables and all that.