Update to the Wifi in the June update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by atomheartmother, Apr 4, 2008.

1. atomheartmother macrumors regular

Is there going to be some update to the Wifi component in the June update? For whatever reason, I can connect to my university's wifi network, but I can't actually use the internet. I've been told that this is because the network does not support the Touches (or iPhones) but that the June update will resolve this.

Is this true? Any idea what it is? Could Jailbreaking potentially help me out for the time being?

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

yup, the june update is going to fix this. you aren't the only one in this position, i have been waiting for this update since september. so this will fix you problem and just in time for school to over with ;)

3. atomheartmother thread starter macrumors regular

Hey, you're from Wisconsin too. Where in WI?

Anyway, what is it that the update will fix? Can Jailbraking fix it?

"The addition of WPA2 Enterprise with 802.1x authentication enables enterprise customers to deploy iPhone and iPod touch with the latest standards for protection of Wi-Fi networks."

Is it this? Could a Jailbroken Touch do it now?

4. slybeans macrumors member

Yeah that's the update, I assume a jailbroken app could do this, but just wait.

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I use my Touch for internet access at my university in Kansas. Apparently not every university network is the same.

4D

6. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

im from appleton in wisconsin. jailbroken ipods will NOT be able to do this. just wait a couple more months and you will be able to access your schools internet.