update version under iPAD settings after JB

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by ssgokou29, May 22, 2011.

1. ssgokou29 macrumors newbie

I have a friend who has an ipad 1 on 4.3.1. They wanted a JB so i used redsnow and from everything out there it was an untethered JB.

I downloaded the latest version of redsnow and iOS version of 4.3.3...went through the whole JB process...everything seemed to work, cydia and all...but when i go through the setting app and under about section it still shows version 4.3.1 when i used 4.3.3...has anyone encountered this before?

any help appreciated thanks.

if this is against forum rules, my apologies.

2. blackwind macrumors regular

Obviuosly redsn0w didnt upgrade/update your ipad firmware.

When yuou use redsn0w to point to ios it only to identified the firmware on ipad so it will prepare the userland jb on the idevice. Luckily 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 uses the same procedure thats why it works

3. ssgokou29 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your help man...just wasn't sure if i did anything wrong, or what not...i was above to use cydia and everything thing and assumed it was all good.

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

There's no problem. You simply did not point redsn0w at the 4.3.3 ipsw file. So, if your friend wanted to be running 4.3.3, you need to upgrade and re-jailbreak.

5. ssgokou29 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did use the 4.3.3 iOS version i downloaded, thats the file redsn0w processed before the jailbreak process