UPDATE:Walked into a packed AT&T Corporate Store Today...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFStateStudent, Aug 21, 2008.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

and was shocked to see "a gazillion people" standing in line and signing-in for the next available CSR. I had several questions for the Store Manager, but she was fielding several complaints at the same time, so I settled for a MOD, (Manager On Duty). Why so many people wrapped around the interior of the store? MOD stated "We've been experiencing this amount of activity for the past two weeks. But only a few 3G iPhone problems." I restored my Fan Account and had my Upgrade Fees removed and walked out of the store in a hurry... Not really sure what the problems were b/c I just darted out of the store for fear of bodily harm, since the CSR sent me to the front of the line. I would have taken pics, but I was gettin' "The Stink Eye" from everyone! :eek:

UPDATE: It seems that most of those customers waiting in line yesterday, were anticipating getting their 16GB Black/White or 8GB Black and they had only a couple left, so if you signed up on the list, then you just waited until you were at the counter. So, today AT&T Stores (Berkeley/Emeryville) have a limited amount of 3G iPhones at present. :cool:

2. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Interesting how many of the people in line today were actually called by AT&T Store to come down and get in line and a 3G iPhone was placed on hold for them. At least 20 people standing in line.:eek:

3. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Depends on the store I guess. I ordered mine from a smaller store in a strip mall. No appointment necessary come in whenever you can, was out in 15 min. :D

4. olliebraves20 macrumors regular

When I went to get mine it was busy but not like that.....I had to wait for maybe a half hour or so....

5. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, I just got home and called to find out about the availability and the CSR asked me if I wanted to let her know which 3G iPhone I wanted and the color and that she would reserve the iPhone for me. I explained to her that I had all the 3G iPhones that I could handle, but thanks. This all started with a phone call to check on the availability and the CSR sounded very excited and wanted to sell these iPhones.