Update watch now "weather" is missing?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GhostMac24, Feb 7, 2017.

1. GhostMac24 macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Just updated my Apple Watch (Series 2) and now the Apple "weather" app is gone. My wife has not updated her watch and of course, she still has the weather app. I didn't see anything listed that pointed to Apple removing the weather app with this update. Why would they remove it from the update???

As a backup measure I added The Weather Channel app to my complications but that isn't working either as I keep getting "connection not available".....Any idea why weather isn't working in the new OS?

TIA!

2. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

I updated my 2 and I have the Apple Weather app. Strange.

3. Thai macrumors 65816

Thai

4. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

hmmmm, wonder what happened to mine. Is it possible to "re-load" the update?

5. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Is it listed on the :apple:Watch iPhone app?

Also have you tried un-pair/re-pair? This will likely fix the issue.

6. GhostMac24, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017

GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

screen shot showing "weather" is now gone
    --- Post Merged, Feb 7, 2017 ---
    Unpaired the watch, removed WATCH app from phone. Added WATCH app back to phone and paired watch. Still no weather app. ARGH! OS 3.1.3 Phone is also up to date iOS 10.2.1

Attached Files:

7. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Just a quick reply to post a result. Finally figured it out. For some reason the Apple Weather app on the iPhone was missing after the last iPhone iOS update so I had to re-download it. Once I did, it re-appeared back on the Watch app and now I can add it back to the watch.

8. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

So, you stated you removed and then re-added the app. Then you say the app was missing. Were you removing and re-adding the wrong app on the iPhone? Not judging, just curious how that happens.

9. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

No, not removing the wrong app. Read my posts again. Never removed the weather app. Only one app was removed (WATCH app) and that was done during the unpair/pair process with the watch

Read my update 6 hours before your post. "For some reason the Apple Weather app on the iPhone was missing after the last iPhone iOS update so I had to re-download it. Once I did, it re-appeared back on the Watch app and now I can add it back to the watch."

10. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

11. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Welcome.

12. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Just to add my 2¢. You can't delete the Weather app anyway (unless there is some trick I'm not aware of).

13. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

I just went to my iPhone and held down the weather app icon and the "x" appears on it. It absolutely can be deleted from the iPhone.

14. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

Yes, it's a new feature of IOS 10 or a dot of that version. You can "delete" the Apple apps now.

15. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Yes I know you can delete iOS apps. I just didn't take time to think this would also remove the reference app from the Watch app (aka: failure of imagination:D). However it makes sense since you can't use the :apple:Watch app without the iOS app feeding it the info. Although I have never deleted an iOS app to try/know.