UPDATE: Which software is right for me?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jasmynp, May 10, 2012.

1. Jasmynp, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012

Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I have some quotes and pictures that I'd like to put together in a creative and graphic designy kind of way.

I'd then like to upload them to a site that could have them printed on to canvas or made into a nice poster.

Which software would take my pics and let me fool around with different fonts, effects etc so that it came out look professional and awesome?

My budget is $100.

On a seperate note, I'm also interested in software that has a large library of clipart.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Jasmynp thread starter macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

...And now I feel like an idiot. I had no idea iphoto could do hobby graphic design things with photos and clipart.

I look into it. Thanks!

4. Jasmynp thread starter macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

Just so I'm clear, iPhoto can do things like the pics I've posted here (from younghouselove.com 5/9/12 post)

Attached Files:

5. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

Have you checked out the Graphics & Design section of the Mac App Store? Pixelmator is very reasonably priced but may be more involved than you wish. There are also Collage-type Apps in the MAS store, one is free. Plus check out the card design apps, things like that tend to be more drag & drop. Pages has templates for cards and posters which can be tweaked a lot.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No. That's not really iPhoto's domain. Granted, it has some card templates and such, but they're not very configurable, certainly not to the degree you're looking at there. I'd second the recommendation of Pixelmator, although Photoshop Elements would work as well.

Pages and Keynote are both capable of those types of things too, to a point, although they certainly won't get as fancy as a full graphics editor.

jW