Update Worth It?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tbohrer, Aug 4, 2008.

1. tbohrer macrumors newbie

With all the problems I have been reading about I am wondering if it's worth it to update. I haven't had any problems with my iTouch so I don't want to risk creating any if there aren't any real advantages to the update.
    Thoughts?

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

3. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

I second that. I like 2.0, but its REALLY buggy.

4. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

It is so, so, so worth it. Any real advantages?! The application store unlocks the potential of your iPod like never before (without jailbreaking).

I upgraded and haven't regretted it for a second. I've had some bugs due to certain applications, but they only affect those apps. Battery life is less, because I'm using my Touch more than ever!!

I would never, ever go back.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Have you updated to the latest version of iTunes? If not, I suggest you do that, which would allow you to view the App Store, and see if any of the available apps interest you. If you want any of the apps, then the bugs are an annoyance but they aren't intolerable. If none of the apps interest you, then no, there aren't any real advantages to updating.

6. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

OP - Also, though, a BIG bug complaint was solved recently with the release of iTunes 7.7.1. Not a direct 2.0 problem, but its something you probably saw complained about here...