Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelbb

macrumors 65816
Dec 22, 2012
Far too much white space so I spend all my time scrolling. The lean & mean compact nature of the previous vBulletin forum was much better.

Reactions: crjackson2134

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Jul 21, 2004
Yeah…everything is too big and too much wasted space. Hopefully I can find something in preferences to tweak this.

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
ARGGG! There used to be a setting where you could have threads appear in reverse order. So that the newest posts were on top (and that way I didn't have to scroll for days to see the latest posts).

This feature seems to have been taken out. Does anyone know how to make it work with the new design. I went to the preferences settings but didn't see hint of the feature, but perhaps I looked right past it?

Thanks for any pointers.

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
ARGGG! There used to be a setting where you could have threads appear in reverse order. So that the newest posts were on top (and that way I didn't have to scroll for days to see the latest posts).

This feature seems to have been taken out. Does anyone know how to make it work with the new design. I went to the preferences settings but didn't see hint of the feature, but perhaps I looked right past it?

Thanks for any pointers.

Just bookmark this link? -> https://forums.macrumors.com/find-new/posts

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
I have my Gmail account set up with a black background and light text. I love that. If we can choose our background and text color on THIS site, I'd be more than happy to spend more time on it!

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014

Thanks Entropi. But that gives new posts every forum, and I only peruse the Mac Pro forum. Let the other peasants have their little computers and cake! :p (just kidding). But beyond seeing the new posts, I liked getting into a thread in reverse order.

As to why are we bitching here Actionable... well someone started a thread here. That said, you're rightly right in it makes more sense to post to a central place. But my great apathy for anything other than Mac Pro stuff will keep me from bothering... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.