Updated Air 2 - anyone bought one?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by divergirl, Sep 17, 2015.

1. divergirl macrumors regular

I've had a Mini 2 for almost two years now, and since I don't have a smartphone I literally take it everywhere. I love the portability of the Mini but sometimes using it out and about can get cumbersome, so I'm thinking of getting an iPhone 6s+ and a cellular iPad Air 2, so that I can have the smaller screen on the go and the larger real estate at home.

However, I've heard reports of the vibration issue of the Air 2 being pretty unbearable even at lower volumes. I was wondering if anyone has bought the new version of the Air 2 that has Bluetooth 4.2 who could comment if it still is still an issue or not?

If Apple has not fixed the issue I'll probably just pick up a refurb Air 2, but if they have fixed it I'm debating just paying the extra money for a brand new model.

2. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Having owned an air 2 I would not call the vibration issue "unbearable". Yeah you're going to notice it but eventually I just got used to it.

The "new model" is the same thing except it has the Bluetooth 4.2 I don't think that would change the sound vibration issue.

If I were you I'd definitely pick up a refurbished as you mentioned.

3. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    There is some vibration but it is not unbearable or even annoying. The vibration is normal given the (louder than past iPads) beefed up sound for the speakers and the paper thin chassis. All in all I think it is an amazing piece of tech. With power, great speakers and an amazing screen.

Jak.

4. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Is the screen distortion fixed from holding the back? Picked up a store demo a few weeks ago and it still had the issue.

5. newellj macrumors 601

I think that must be an issue that varies from one iPad to another. I can't get mine to do that with any amount of force that i'm willing to apply to the iPad.

6. newellj macrumors 601

I agree with this. The Air 2 is the first iPad i've had that didn't need some kind of auxiliary sound device (BT speaker, headset) for watching movies while using exercise equipment. And for me personally, I almost never watch or listen to anything on the iPad while holding it in my hand - I put it down on something. The result is that I don't notice the vibrations and I'm very glad for the additional volume.

7. Kendo macrumors 68000

If you heard some of the complaints about the Mini 4, they now say the volume is too low. This is probably Apple's response to the vibration issue. But now those Mini 4 users say they would prefer a higher volume with the vibration. Higher volume > a little vibration. Also, when you say unbearable, I think that is too strong of a word. It's not like getting a root canal at a dentist lol.