Updated app list

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Hughm, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Hughm macrumors member

New to IOS7, apparently, is a list of updated apps on the update screen.

Is there a way to disable this annoying feature?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

3. iAmirul macrumors regular

iAmirul

Apparantly you cant disable that annoying list.. It'll go away on its on

4. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Do you use automatic updates? If so, you shouldn't even have to look at the list.
    If you don't, then I can see how it would be annoying.

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I don't use automatic updates. How would you know about the changes being made to your apps? And the update list is very cluttered looking. What purpose does it serve? There should be a way to have it only list apps updated in last day/week/month. I really enjoy it when you have the same app listed in it twice.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

It basically lists updates from the last 14 days, separated by each day. No way to currently change or clear it unfortunately.

7. nerdfighter macrumors member

nerdfighter

I personally don't see what's annoying about it. It's great to have a list of recent updated apps and their change logs.

8. Hughm, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013

Hughm thread starter macrumors member

I guess we'll just have to live with this ****ing useless, un-Apple-like annoyance. This is the sort of thing that MS lets squeak into its products.

9. hafr macrumors 68030

Geez... Really? How stupid are people?

The recently updated apps list is there for two purposes: first and foremost for those who DO use automatic update. It's a great way to see which apps have been updated and their change log, since, for natural reasons, there were no way to check it out before the update was downloaded. Secondly, it's a way to go back and double check in case you forgot.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

its great to have as it would be great to be able to clear it or simply hide it similar to purchased apps that simply have a link to them on the updates page rather than all evenif listed on that single page right away.

11. webberade macrumors member

webberade

It's a necessary list to see what apps have been updated and to see what they've changed or added. It's not really located in a place where you're forced to look at it. If you don't like it, don't look at it :)

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

I like to look at the place where it is located as for years that has been the place where new updates would show up. I would like it if that place wasn't as cluttered as it is now where I could either clear or hide (behind a link, for example, like purchased apps) all the already updated apps.

Is it a big deal? No. Is it something that could be improved in my opinion (and it seems like that of some others as well)? Seems so. Will it be? Well, that's pretty much up to Apple (but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it beyond just "don't look there if it bothers you"). :)

13. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I actually like this list. At first I didn't think I would use automatic updates because I like to know when apps are being updated so I can check release notes. This list lets me know which apps get updated. It would be nice if there was a way to clear it but since I only check this list when I get an update notification it doesn't bother me.

14. Kurios2 macrumors regular

Kurios2

I came here for the same reason concerning updated apps still showing. I thought it was a bug. Now, after reading all these replies, I like the idea of them showing.

Previously, I used to take a screen shot of apps that needed updates, if I was to busy doing something else, but this is much better. You learn something here everyday.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

What would the "screen shot of apps that needed updates" be for? Just curious.

16. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Apparently it's not.