Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darkroom

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada

right. i read this (see attached image) when it was posted and though it was an interesting new feature for the product page. but what populates the "Release Date" section of the app store if not this new feature?

as an additional note, i've been reading reports where users are not able to post reviews for apps that have been recently approved. seems to be like there's a massive problem with the app store right now.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 44

spinyanteater

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
has that been announced officially? there seems to be an issue with the app store as nothing has been posted as new since 18/11/09. might this just be a problem with the system.
When this was first mentioned in the forums I hoped that it was just a problem with the system (as happened back in early spring) but it seems pretty definite now. Look at the list of newly released apps and you'll see that they are all listed in order that they were initially released, with no updated apps.

boyplunder

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2008
UK
Clearly, for me at least, this is showing up some of the shortcomings of the way the AppStore is structured, both on the iPhone/iPod and iTunes. There is simply not enough scope to find what you need in a pot with over 100,000 apps.

I have used the release date to push sales of my own app with periodic updates, so this is one less avenue to promote my wares. Maybe a 'Latest updates' list could be considered. Maybe if Apple gave us a better search facility with sub category search or defined types, this would improve things as a marketplace. After all, Apple earn their cut, and it can only be better for them. I am always amused by the 'Top Grossing' list. A very capitalist view. Quite a few of the apps I have bought are not on any list, but I found them through pure chance and a few lazy evening browses.

As always, Apple decide what they do and how their software works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.