Updated Apps still show in App store as new Updates

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tjhilder, Nov 20, 2009.

1. tjhilder macrumors regular

tjhilder

I don't know if there's already a thread on this so forgive me if there is (wasn't entirely sure what to search for so I couldn't find anything there)

Ok so recently, over the last week or so, some apps install after having a new update from the app store, but after downloading and installing, still show up as being new.

the only way I can get rid of it is to delete the app and resync with itunes (which isn't practical if you have a load of data stored within the app itself)

it's now doing it on itunes :confused:

anyone else having this same problem??

-Terry

2. nickmarsh macrumors newbie

I'm having exactly the same problem and its annoying! I've just tried to update Newsstand and its still saying there's an update on both the iPhone and iTunes.The last few weeks its been doing the same!

What I have done recently though is change my accounts email address (to a MobileMe address). I'm not sure if this would affect it, but some of the apps I've had to redownload (deleting the old versions) using my updated email account just to get rid of the annoying update message (note: Apple has also re-charged me - downloading again was NOT free!).

I'm hoping this is a bug in the iTunes store and will get resolved!

3. nickmarsh macrumors newbie

Bizarre! Everything working again now, but still left out of pocket...:mad:

4. Resist macrumors 68030

5. longdogs macrumors regular

6. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Happens to me as well, about 10 apps now it has done it on, most recently Mover.

There is another larger thread on this somewhere here.

7. Resist macrumors 68030

I just did another sync on iTunes and now I have 4 app updates showing up on my computer and iPhone, when the apps are already up to date!

Is Apple ever going to fix this issue?

8. Blinkwing macrumors member

This is happening to me as well. No idea how to solve it ):

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Also happening to me. Still doesn't remember my password either.

10. nickmarsh macrumors newbie

Happening now with Scanner Pro! I've already updated it!!!

11. pixelbrat macrumors newbie

This is happening to me too, with NoteMaster. Already updated it successfully but the notification won't go away. Quite annoying. :mad:

12. ukcolinr macrumors regular

I'm having this problem also. It always seems to resolve itself eventually.

Sometimes I find if I delete the App from the iPhone and from my iTunes library, re-download with iTunes then sync with my iPhone this will fix it, but at the moment I'm experiencing the problem with CoPilot Live NA and the usual fix doesn't work so I guess I'll have to wait and hope it fixes itself.

13. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I think it has something to do with size of App, deleting old version, and leaving iTunes to work in a different window.