Updated Bootcamp today...no internet

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by The Hockaday., Aug 29, 2010.

1. The Hockaday. macrumors member

I updated bootcamp as prompted by apple and now I can not access the internet....i rather not reinstall windows etc if i have to. It shows internet connections but wont connect. I am running windows 7 x86. the problem occured mid update. i first noticed it in firefox. it wont connect wirelessly and wont even notice the ethernet cablew i put in it. help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

2. The Hockaday. thread starter macrumors member

oh adn i was running bootcamp 3.1 the update just stated it was installing an update.

3. The Hockaday. thread starter macrumors member

ok i fixed it...finally got the system restore to work in safe mode....guess i wont update bootcamp...still would like to know what went wrong...but its working now so im happy lol.

4. Baby Mac macrumors regular

Baby Mac

My Windows 7 kept connecting to my neighbor's router instead of to my own. I went into the notification area, clicked on the internet connection icon, and from there I was able to make a few more clicks and tell my mini not to connect to the neighbor's router anymore. Hopefully that takes care of my problem and is something that you could check.