Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

halfmonkey

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Did anybody elese receive a message on their phone saying that their carrier settings have been updated? My wife and I received this message last night. It didn't give details as to what was updated but I'm just curious to know if anybody else got this message and if anybody knows exactly what was updated?

xmnj

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Did anybody elese receive a message on their phone saying that their carrier settings have been updated? My wife and I received this message last night. It didn't give details as to what was updated but I'm just curious to know if anybody else got this message and if anybody knows exactly what was updated?

Not sure what was updated, but I also received the same message on my iPhone 5 last night.

halfmonkey

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2011
I wonder if it has anything to do with their LTE service because at my work, I was switching between LTE, 3G, and slow quite frequently but after the update, it seems to be a little more stable on LTE.

Maybe, it was an auto update to update their cell towers or what ever they call it when you hit *228 on your phone? Seeing that verizon is upgrading to include more and more LTE service coverage, I'm wondering if this is what they did?

halfmonkey

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2011
this was posted the other day. carrier settings updated to 14.1. no biggie.

Oh. Didn't know this was already discussed. Did a quick search before posting but I guess I didn't go back far enough and since my update happened last night, I thought it was new as of last night. I guess my update was part of a later group update.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I received the notification.

Without a thought, I downloaded it. I'm so naive, I thought it was just a carrier software upgrade, probably related to LTE service.

But as I now think about it, in light of this thread, I'm beginning to believe there is a relationship between the upgrades and the fact that all my fingernails have begun falling out since I did the the download.:eek:

Just some food for thought...

:rolleyes: :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.