Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davepoint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2006
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to when the 'updated'(better specs) cinema displays might be released. Given the amount of problems with bleed, 'murkyness' and pink tinge the current gen of 23" displays have I don't want to buy one of them until the refreshed line is out, which surely can't be that long but I haven't heard anything...

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
neocell said:
Could be way off here, but wouldn't it most likely happen with the release of the Mac Pros?

That strikes me as a logical idea. I'd love to own an ACD one day. :)

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
Well they just updated the 30" Cinema Display a few weeks ago to match the specs on the Dell display, but for a new look and specs for all the displays my guess would be when the new Intel PowerMac's come out we will see the new display's.

davepoint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2006
I'm not necessarily bothered about a whole new design per se - just some up to date specs, I mean is it so much to ask

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
I know I'm dreaming, but a TV tuner would be GREAT! I would buy one, like yesterday if it had one. Maybe more inputs? :eek: :confused: :cool:

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
Longer cable would be great. There's nothing I'd change in my 20" ACD but I'd buy a longer cable in a heartbeat. I believe 5 meters is the longest one could produce (having power, usb and firewire bundled) but if shielding is not premium grade, it might have to be little shorter.

Why do they think people would want to keep that noisy box anywhere near the all-silent display?

davepoint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2006
well what about this HDMI jazz(I'm no fan of drm but I don't want to drop 800 quid on an obsolete monitor - I know the new dell 24"'s support that) and as far as the quality - as I said in the first post I've heard too many horror stories(quite recently as well) about the continued presence of 'grunge' and pink tint in the 23" displays

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
neocell said:
Could be way off here, but wouldn't it most likely happen with the release of the Mac Pros?

I agree, the most likely time for Apple to release new ACDs will be when they roll out the Mac Pros. Hopefully, they lower the prices a bit..... :)

whoooaaahhhh

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2006
Pasadena, CA
Hdcp

davepoint said:
well what about this HDMI jazz(I'm no fan of drm but I don't want to drop 800 quid on an obsolete monitor - I know the new dell 24"'s support that) and as far as the quality - as I said in the first post I've heard too many horror stories(quite recently as well) about the continued presence of 'grunge' and pink tint in the 23" displays

I think you mean HDCP, HDMI is just the port. HDCP is the protection stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.