Other Updated date and time definitions

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
apologies if this has already been mentioned, but just thought it might be useful to post. I just got off a flight and discovered neither my iPhone, iPad, or Watch had automatically changed the time. I went into settings to do it manually and noticed a note saying that updated date and time definitions would be installed the next time I restart my devices.

So if anyone is travelling, might be worth giving your phone or iPad a quick restart!

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
apologies if this has already been mentioned, but just thought it might be useful to post. I just got off a flight and discovered neither my iPhone, iPad, or Watch had automatically changed the time. I went into settings to do it manually and noticed a note saying that updated date and time definitions would be installed the next time I restart my devices.

So if anyone is travelling, might be worth giving your phone or iPad a quick restart!
Interesting, thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: skillwill

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
Did you only notice this happening today? I traveled to London (from the US) a few of weeks ago and didn’t see this behavior at all. My phone had switched to London time before I had even arrived at the gate. I’m still on 12.0.1, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. What iOS version are you on?

Reactions: skillwill

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
Whenever I traveled out of the country the time has always automatically updated. Interesting indeed.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
Did you only notice this happening today? I traveled to London (from the US) a few of weeks ago and didn’t see this behavior at all. My phone had switched to London time before I had even arrived at the gate. I’m still on 12.0.1, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. What iOS version are you on?
I noticed it when I flew from the UK to Poland on January 5th (I initially thought nothing of it and changed it manually). Noticed it again flying back the other day so had a look to see if something was wrong with my phone and that’s when I noticed the message. Stupidly I didn’t take a screen shot before resetting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.