Other Updated date and time definitions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skillwill, Jan 11, 2019.

1. skillwill macrumors 6502

apologies if this has already been mentioned, but just thought it might be useful to post. I just got off a flight and discovered neither my iPhone, iPad, or Watch had automatically changed the time. I went into settings to do it manually and noticed a note saying that updated date and time definitions would be installed the next time I restart my devices.

So if anyone is travelling, might be worth giving your phone or iPad a quick restart!

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Interesting, thanks for the heads up.

3. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

Did you only notice this happening today? I traveled to London (from the US) a few of weeks ago and didn’t see this behavior at all. My phone had switched to London time before I had even arrived at the gate. I’m still on 12.0.1, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. What iOS version are you on?

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Whenever I traveled out of the country the time has always automatically updated. Interesting indeed.

5. skillwill thread starter macrumors 6502

I noticed it when I flew from the UK to Poland on January 5th (I initially thought nothing of it and changed it manually). Noticed it again flying back the other day so had a look to see if something was wrong with my phone and that’s when I noticed the message. Stupidly I didn’t take a screen shot before resetting.

6. jetsam macrumors 6502

Is this what you saw?
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206986