Updated iBooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
1,242
0
New Jersey
PLEASE PEOPLE KEEP THIS ONE CLEAN AND ON TOPIC. I WANT THIS THREAD TO LAST FOR THE GOOD OF EVERYONE WHO WANTS AN IBOOK. MODS, PLEEEEEEAAASE DON'T CLOSE THIS. WE ARE ONLY INNOCENTLY SPECULATING LIKE THE POWERBOOK USERS.

So, who else thinks that the iBooks will be updated when the iTunes songs hits 500,000,000?
 

timmyb

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
374
0
United Kingdom
I really hope so. As has been mentioned in other posts, the UK and US counts are out by a few thousand, so maybe they are timed to reach 500 000 000 at about 9 in the morning in each place - perhaps next week.

According to the buyers guide, the PBooks are due for an update in about 20 days so maybe they will be updated along with the iBooks in a couple of weeks.
 

sw1tcher

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
1,589
1,839
timmyb said:
I really hope so. As has been mentioned in other posts, the UK and US counts are out by a few thousand, so maybe they are timed to reach 500 000 000 at about 9 in the morning in each place - perhaps next week.

According to the buyers guide, the PBooks are due for an update in about 20 days so maybe they will be updated along with the iBooks in a couple of weeks.
That would be a much welcomed surprise. We all know that the PowerBooks could use a bit more "Power" in them (to help better distinguish them from the iBooks).
 

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
837
213
Virginia, USA
I certainly don't think that a computer product update would be keyed to an itunes landmark (but I hope I am wrong). I also dont see the point, this late in the summer, of updating at all to catch the education crowd-- unless the 'books will be in stores immediately, the education bus has left the station.
 

a2cute2control

macrumors member
May 31, 2005
48
0
silly question yes: but, what do you think the odds of a price drop within the ibooks? I know i'm having a hard time trying to track one down where i live, no one seems to have any. However, appleinsder has an article claiming that apple could release the intel comps. well ahead of schedule. Chances are they might as well wait.
 

timmyb

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
374
0
United Kingdom
rosalindavenue said:
I also dont see the point, this late in the summer, of updating at all to catch the education crowd-- unless the 'books will be in stores immediately, the education bus has left the station.
I will be going to uni in september and am waiting for the iBook revision. Lots of people will be looking at laptops at the moment, will see the current specs and buy a PC laptop instead, so Apple should get the update out ASAP. Also the update won't be large they should be available quite quickly.
 

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
1,242
0
New Jersey
timmyb said:
I will be going to uni in september and am waiting for the iBook revision. Lots of people will be looking at laptops at the moment, will see the current specs and buy a PC laptop instead, so Apple should get the update out ASAP. Also the update won't be large they should be available quite quickly.
Hello lost brother! LOL That is the EXCACT same thing that I was thinking this whole time. I just dont see why this time, Apple decided to wait so much longer than all the other times. It leads me to believe that there is a large revision such as a new form factor, but that dn't make much sense since the switch to intel is fairly soon. Mybe Apple is just slowing down on updates, or maybe we have a bigger surprise in store for us. Who knows at this point? :rolleyes:
 

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
36,137
3,352
Los Angeles
There is a moratorium on new threads speculating about upcoming PowerBooks and iBooks because of the many duplicate threads recently. Use this thread for your discussion, even if you are interested only in Powerbooks or only in iBooks.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.