Resolved Updated iLife series, Multiple Garageband

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sonicrobby, Oct 23, 2013.

1. sonicrobby, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

So Ive updated my iLife series, iPhoto and iMovie replaced the old versions no problem, but I now have 2 garage bands on my launchpad.

I know deleting the plist will definitely fix this, but that would also completely wipe the order of my 5 pages of apps... Im accustomed to their location and prefer not to rearrange all those pages. Is there any way to remove the duplicate without completely wiping the plist file?

Simple yes or no will suffice, I can just throw one of the garage bands into a "useless crap" folder if need be

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Kill the one with the oldest date on it...even if it removes the app ( which I doubt ) you can simply re-install.

3. sonicrobby thread starter macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Id like to know how to kill it :p I only have 1 in my applications folder, but 2 of them in launchpad. I will try deleting and reinstalling it though to see if that helps.

4. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

Click on the extra icon in Launch Pad until an X pops up and all the icons wiggle. Clicking the X removes it from the Launch Pad (but not the Applications folder), then just click in an open space to set everything. I wouldn't remove the earlier app from your Applications folder just yet until you're certain you're not losing older sound files that are not in the new version.

Just this morning I was really glad to have '09 iWorks in my Apps folder because the new Numbers app wouldn't open a Bento file, said to use Numbers '09 first, convert, then open in the new Numbers version.

5. sonicrobby thread starter macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Hahaha wow, I didn't know OSX had that feature! Thanks so much!