Updated Iphone 3GS to 5.1 now i have a MAJOR PROBLEM!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by applebigfan2, Apr 28, 2012.

1. applebigfan2 macrumors newbie

Hello, I have a iphone 3gs that was running on 5.0.1 unthethered jailbreak with unlocked 6.15.00 baseband. It recently started giving me problems to a point where it just became stuck on the apple logo and wouldnt boot up. I tried everything to run a 5.0.1 custom firmware restore but nothing worked. I eventually updated the phone on Itunes to official 5.1 firmware. After doing that it still did not boot up and is sill stuck at the apple logo. After this i did a custom firmware restore using redsnow with 5.1 but it is still stuck at the apple logo. What can i do to fix this?

2. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

You are never supposed to update a phone with the iPad baseband to official stock firmware, it fries the cellular signal data chip thingy..

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

First part was right, when you have the iPad bb you never restore to official firmware.
    But if you do it does NOT fry the cellular radio chips.
    Just puts the bb in an inconsistent state and needs to be reflashed.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This ^^
    I think AJ meant to type "never restore to stock" firmware, you must always use (forever) a custom or No_BB IPSW because you installed the iPad baseband.

Use Redsn0w to re-install the iPad baseband

5. j4l macrumors member

Best thing to do is check if ur shsh blobs are saved, if so stitch them in snowbreeze to create a custom 5.0.1 firmware..with the ipad baseband selected as its best to reflash it since u updated to stock 5.1 firmware... Also choose the hactivated option to bypass the activation.... Once u cooked ur new custom firmware, enter dfu mode and restore pressing shift key in itunes to the new custom firmware...

6. applebigfan2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did all of this but it still doesnt work, its stuck at the apple logo.

7. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

You could go up on the tallest building close in your area, walk up to the edge.... And just drop it off. That's what I do to things that frustrate me:)

8. applebigfan2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is some additional info that should help:

I did a custom restore using snowbreeze with 4.1 firmware and chose the option to install cydia and install the 6.15.00 baseband again. After it restores i get the apple logo and slightly below the apple logo there is a spinning circle and i cannot get past this. Any suggestions guys?

9. j4l macrumors member

Make sure ur creating ur custom firmware for the correct bootroom, for eg newboot or oldboot...

10. applebigfan2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i have a iphone with the new bootrom so i am using the correct bootrom. You guys have any other ideas to fix this?

11. LandonDonovan macrumors regular

Just downgrade to 4.1. You can create a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze. http://ih8sn0w.com

12. conartist4u macrumors regular

conartist4u

used pwned dfu mode. use snowbreeze as suggested and back to 4.1

then you can go up to 5.0.1 if you have shsh saved. then again use snowbreeze