Updated iPhone and still have signs of Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DPA, Jun 16, 2009.

1. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I just finished updating my previously jailbroken iPhone 3G. With previous updates, all evidence of jailbreaking was gone. After this update from 2.2 to 2.2.1, I still have the AT&T logo between the bars and 3G/EDGE symbol and the numeric battery, both of which I downloaded from Cydia during the lifetime of my jailbroken iPhone 3G on 2.2. As far as I can tell, there are no other signs of a previous jailbreak.

I performed this update because I will be updating as soon as possible to iPhoneOS 3.0 tomorrow and I didn't know if iTunes would show the 3.0 update as the most recent update or still want me to update to 2.2.1 so I updated just to make sure.

Any help would be appreciated. I just want a clean slated iPhone for 3.0. I would really rather not Restore and start from new. I have tried restoring once after performing the update and the logo and numeric battery are still present.

Thank you,
    DPA

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, same ol' same ol' for all those JB iPhones in the HACKS Forum......:cool::cool::cool:

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

It has to be because of the syncing. I figure when you sync it copies back the modified files back to your iPhone which enables those things.

4. DPA thread starter macrumors 65816

DPA

Thanks for the speedy replies guys! Does anyone have any suggestions? Will I have to jailbreak again and SSH those files out?

DPA

5. DPA thread starter macrumors 65816

DPA

I just restored for a second time to the same backup. It got rid of the nasty AT&T logo but I still have that dirty numeric battery.:p

DPA

6. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

when you restore, don't use a backup. The backup can bring back things from your jailbreak (my biggest problem was always hidden apps, restoring from a backup hid the apps even without a jailbreak)

if you set up as a new phone, you should be back to normal

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hey OP, I know there was something about doing a complete restore and treating your iPhone as NEW and not to restore from backup or else you would lose the ability to activate MMS and Tethering. That's all I've seen so far....

Thanks for the post DCC +1 ^^^

8. shvartsies macrumors regular

The way I see it you have two options.

1) Jailbreak right now. Install SBSettings and anything else you used to make those changes, and disable all of them.

Backup your phone.

Restore to factory settings.

Restore from backup.

2) Wait until OS 3.0, and install it.

Jailbreak 3.0 (yes, the jailbreak will be available tomorrow)

Remove the changes.

Backup.

Restore to factory settings.

Restore from backup.

9. shvartsies macrumors regular

If I were you I would keep the numeric battery.

For some reason, anybody who kept the numeric battery from their jailbreak and has 3.0 still has a little percentage marker next to the regular battery on the status bar.

Attached Files:

10. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

The same numeric battery that people are crying that won't be available on the 3G? :rolleyes:

11. DPA thread starter macrumors 65816

DPA

I think I am going to start from a new phone. I have all my contacts and calendars backed up and can load all my apps on in a matter of minutes. This will surely get everything removed. I will not do this if the 3.0 update removed the numeric battery after the update though. Then I will be a happy iPhoner.

DPA

12. DPA thread starter macrumors 65816

DPA

I believe so. I think I saw something here about it being in the Beta releases. Is it not going to be available in the final release? Furthermore, I just don't want any signs of a previous jailbreak on this iPhone, even though I will be getting the 3G S⃣ bright and early Friday.

DPA

13. DPA thread starter macrumors 65816

DPA

I am in the process of making sure all my data is synced with my MobileMe and then I am going to set up as a new phone because one of the biggest things for me in the 3.0 update was MMS, I was very upset to hear that it wouldn't be available until late summer.

Thanks for all of your help guys! Have a great and exciting week with all this new stuff coming out, I know I will!

DPA