Updated iPhone apps moving?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duncanapple, Jul 29, 2008.

1. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Has anyone else noticed when you update an app on your iPhone the icon moves to the last screen (and stays there even when doen loading) rather than where on your screen you had placed it prior to the update? Am I the only one getting this? Its pretty annoying and I hope I dont have to rearrange my icons everytime an update comes through - esp at the rate they have been coming (which I am sure will slow down) these past couple weeks.

- Chris

2. elbirth macrumors 65816

yeah, this has been happening to everyone. I don't know if it's a design feature or a bug (I hope it's just a bug... or if it is a feature, it'll get changed) because I find it incredibly annoying as well. I have my icon organized on the different home screens and hate having to move them all back around whenever they update

3. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Noticed that too this AM when i updated 3 apps. Was annoying as they were the only apps on page 2 next to the contacts app.
    Not sure how long i will stay with 2.0 its kinda slow and buggy, 1.1.4 was nice and stable:cool:

4. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Very annoying. Updating Apps really screws up my Home screens.

One of the most annoying things is that when you pull an icon to rearrange, and then if you are moving it several screens away and the subsequent screens you go through have more than 16 icons, then the 16th icon on each screen gets shoved another screen away. You then have to go and manually pull them all back into place afterwards.

I seriously hope Apple find a better way of managing Home screens, hopefully within a much easier to use interface within iTunes - then there might also be scope to keep a number of iPhones with the same Home screen layout (which I would have thought would be good for Enterprise customers as well).

5. islandsnow macrumors member

does anyone know whats the latest on this? this has been bugging me as hell too. hopefully apple will fix it in their next firmware update.