Updated iPhoto

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by C-rigo, Dec 2, 2014.

1. C-rigo macrumors newbie

I have recently updated my macbook to OSX 10.9.4 from its original software back in 2009/10. After doing the update i couldn't access iPhoto so had no choice but to update. After updating i have found that half of my pictures are missing. The albums are all still there, however for many of them they now only have one photo in them.
    Is there any way of retrieving all of my lost photos?

THANKS!! :)

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I assume from your question you don't have a backup to restore from?

If not, go to the Pictures folder in Finder and hold down the option key while you drag the iPhoto library to the Desktop. That will make a copy of the library so we don't make things worse here.

Then quit iPhoto and restart it while holdiing down both the command and option keys. Then follow this to repair/rebuild the library.

3. C-rigo thread starter macrumors newbie

HI, thank you for the advice, i have gone through these steps and still nothing has changed on my i photo, it is still showing the albums with only one photo.
    Is there anything else you could suggest?

Thanks again!

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

If you select the library in Finder them do a command-i to Get Info, does the size look about right from what you had before?

5. C-rigo thread starter macrumors newbie

It says I have 74(roughly) GB on disk, I have 16,000 pictures on at the moment but quite sure I had at least 22,000 before all of this happened.
    Sorry for the vagueness I'm a total technophobe!

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Yikes... I have no idea what could have happened to 6,000 photos from a version update like that. If you don't have a backup you can restore from, I don't know what else to do. Sorry.

7. C-rigo thread starter macrumors newbie

No problem! Thanks for trying to help anyway!!