Updated iTunes now 2GB missing??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ohla313, Mar 10, 2011.

1. ohla313, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

I updated iTunes to the newest version earlier this week and now I am missing 2GB on my hard drive. Also iTunes keeps asking for incoming connections. Is there any way I can go find the old iTunes files and delete them?

I deleted iTunes and am reinstalling from the site to see if the incoming connections problem will go away but the 2GB missing is worrying me..

Any ideas?

EDIT: I also updated Safari. I did all the new updates that came out this week. How would I find and remove the unnecessary files that bloated my hard drive?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Install Disk Inventory X or Grand Perspective to see what space is being used.
    Go to System Preferences > Security > Firewall and make sure iTunes is set to allow incoming connections.
    What "old iTunes files"?
    What "unnecessary files"?

3. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

Thank you for your response. The swap file is at 0 and i have 3.75GB RAM which 1.67 is available. I restarted as part of the updates and then space was missing. I did all the updates that came out this week, so Safari was updated as well.

The old files is referring to the previous version of iTunes. When I update iTunes through software update does it trash the old version or keep it?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When you update apps like iTunes or Safari, it does not keep "old files". It replaces files with updated ones.