Updated iTunes, now it eats my CPU

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 0dev, Apr 7, 2012.

1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

I just last night ran Software Update and installed the latest version of everything, including iTunes, and the updates seemed to go fine... Except iTunes now uses all my CPU when I put it in mini player mode. I can fix this problem while the current song is playing by putting it into full mode then back into mini mode again, but the issue returns when the next song is played.

I've tried rebooting and repairing my permissions, no luck.

Anything I can do to sort this? Anyone else having the same issue at least?

Thanks.

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Buy some chocolate maybe you can get itunes to eat that instead.

Maybe it is rebuilding some index. If it is just data maintenance it should go back to normal after a while. If not find some older itunes on the web and use that. I rarely upadte itunes because it never really does any good, it only ever gets slower more clunky and added features that I don't use anyway.

Or use spotify. Since I got Spotify I don't use itunes for anything but some iphone stuff.

3. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

I don't think it's indexing because it only happens in mini mode.

I dislike Spotify, it's even "clunkier" than iTunes in my experience.

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Yeah but it has all the radio's and stuff. Direct access to just about any music that comes to mind. Clicking at Artists, Albums gets you immediately everywhere. I don't think it is clunky, but it could use some more efficient C++ code base.

Maybe it thinks in mini mode there is enough idle resources to do the job. Still odd try an old itunes.