Updated laptops available in store, same day?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alwaysaangel, May 17, 2007.

1. alwaysaangel macrumors regular

So I'm waiting for the MBP update before I buy. But my PC is driving me absolutely batty and I really want the MBP as soon as possible.

So basically I'm wondering if apple stores get updated machines on the same day they are released on the online store?

I have to buy in store because I need to split the cost between 2 credit cards, but if I drive down to the store I'd like to pick it up at the same time.

So assuming MBPs come out next Tuesday, and assuming I get a standard machine...would I be able to walk into an apple store on Tuesday and walk out with a MBP?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Usually for the MacBooks.

The Mac Pro took about 2-3 days before it was in my Apple Store.

3. yagran macrumors 6502a

most likely yes, the new macbooks this week were there on the day. i guess it depends wether they are announced or released doesnt it.

4. alwaysaangel thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, ok. Thanks!

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Well hey they're bigger and heavier! Unlike the lappys.

I've seen launch day pictures where Apple has mystery boxes caged up for launch.

6. alwaysaangel thread starter macrumors regular

Hahaha. Thats a little scary. And thats kind of why I was asking - I figure they can't get there early or employees will leak the update, but it seems they would make more money if they were available in store, same day.

I just really want a new computer and was hoping I'd be playing with my new mac by tuesday night. Guess that isn't likely to happen.

7. yagran macrumors 6502a

before tuesdays mac books there was a report that there were lots of boxes covered by a black cloth, sat underneath the cctv camera so that employees would get caught if they peeped under. lol. a bit ott but funny.

8. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I don't think it's very likely that the MBPs will be coming next Tuesday, anyways....

Probably not until WWDC.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You can buy online with 2 credit cards.

Attached Files:

10. alwaysaangel thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah its probably wishful thinking on my part but I think its fairly likely.

Not updating next week would leave the high-end consumer macbook better than the low-end pro macbook for over a month, thats a long time to have a 700 dollar jump for a lesser machine.

Also, people are saying there are no macbook pros in stores, just like there were no macbooks in stores last week.

So I'm staying hopeful.

11. alwaysaangel thread starter macrumors regular

Ohhh. Someone had mentioned that but I hadn't seen any proof. Awesome! Hmm...now I have two ways to get it...

12. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Nah, WWDC fo sho. :p

Hope it happens for you though.