Updated Leopard's iTunes & Quicktime, External Drive not mounting

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mnkeybsness, Nov 7, 2007.

1. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

So I updated iTunes and Quicktime this morning and it did the new-fangled restart update installation (which, by the way... what was that all about?).

As soon as the machine restarted, I noticed that my external drive was not mounting. I checked the connection, it looked fine, so I unplugged, turned off and the drive still seemed fine.

I plugged it back in and the drive spun up and blinked that it was being accessed, but still wasn't mounting in OS X. I checked Disk Utility, and it wasn't showing any extra drive connections (with unmounted partitions) than my internal drive.

I've tried both the FireWire 800 and Firewire 400 connections and both got no results.

The drive is a Western Digital MyBook Pro II. I have the newest software raid manager and the newest firmware installed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. mnkeybsness thread starter macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

I solved my own problem. I was reading about other people experiencing very slow auto-mounting and drive recognition in Leopard, so I left the drive plugged in while I went out. Came back home and it was there and ready to be used.