Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
So, as the title says I updated MyWi to ver. 4.10.1 and the status bar icon no longer appears. The tethering blue pulsating bar does work but I would prefer to use the icon as a status indicator as it allows the phone to charge faster or drain slower when not tethered / plugged in.

Is anyone else noticing this or is this just affecting my phone?

Last edited:

TokyoHam

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2010
Japan
So, as the title says I updated MyWi to ver. 4.10.1 and the status bar icon no longer appears. The tethering blue pulsating bar does work but I would prefer to use the icon as a status indicator as it allows the phone to charge faster or drain slower when not tethered / plugged in.

Is anyone else noticing this or is this just affecting my phone?

Same thing happened to me; completely uninstalling and then reinstalling the app fixed it.

Jkazmeyer

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Madison TN
I thought the 4.10.1 was an official release. Have you tried opening up changes in cydia then refreshing? It might work. I have the same issue with the notifier, but only when USB tethering. It works once in five times. But I don't need to see it, it doesn't matter to me. If you're having issues with it, email the dev. I had some trouble with USB tethering and they were pretty helpful.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
yea because you are using a cracked ver. there is no REAL/paid 4.10.1. no more support will be offered to you

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
yea because you are using a cracked ver. there is no REAL/paid 4.10.1. no more support will be offered to you

Your small brain seems not to comprehend what I am saying. When you install it via Cydia it says 4.9.10 but MyWi itself, in the app, reports 4.10.1 Scroll to the bottom and look for yourself.

My version is legal and paid for. Nonetheless, uninstalling and reinstalling seems to have fixed my minor issue.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.