Updated now WIFI's gone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zoeconner, Jun 17, 2009.

1. zoeconner macrumors regular

Called Apple and they have know idea how to fix it. Anyone else have this problem?

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

3. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I've noticed a significantly weaker wi fi reception. Still, this coincides with my MBP getting weaker wifi, so maybe it's just the router.

4. LoganT macrumors 68020

Actually yesterday I thought my Wifi was gone (Wifi was greyed out and I couldn't select it). But I just restarted my phone and it appeared again. I'm assuming you did that?

5. stue13 macrumors newbie

Ya, I have noticed the same thing since updating my iphone to 3.0, it takes forever to connect to my wifi, and when it does, it only last a couple minutes before loosing the connection.

6. zoeconner thread starter macrumors regular

Yea it's greyed out. We tried everything. There going to talk to engineers and call me back. Does AT&T replace phone or just apple stores. Phone been on for an hour and still no connection. My 2g works fine. I use time machine for my wifi.

7. ASN21 macrumors member

stop crying and do a restore

8. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

My wifi is working when I manually connect to it but it doesn't automatically connect like it use to...:(

9. zoeconner thread starter macrumors regular

Thats what I did!! Still doesn't work

10. kwyn macrumors regular

Same here. I can connect but I keep losing the connection! Kinda sux, but I only use wifi at home, and why the f am I using my iphone at home when I have a laptop?!?!?

Anyway, I have the same issue too. I also restored (not for this reason though). Issue is still there. Weak signal, loosing connection. Laptop is still fine. So is Wii, 360 too! So I guess the problem is my phone now.

No big deal to me, but I can see how some would be a little ticked off. I guess, if it really bothers you, it's a bug that you can submit to Apple. They should probably look into it.

11. kwyn macrumors regular

Oh by the way, why did you even bother? Some people on these boards, just can't wait to jump down other people's throats for "whining" when in actuality, on an iphone message board, wouldn't you expect to see people say what they like AND WHAT ISN'T WORKING too?

12. Blackforge macrumors 6502

2G or 3G? Also did you do a restore and then let it restore from backup? Try just restoring the firmware to defaults. Try doing a DFU restore as well.

13. eh270 macrumors regular

I had a problem with wifi networks not accepting what i KNEW was the right password. I turned wifi off and on again, and powered off/on, then everything was right as rain. Sounds like you went through all that with the tech support though most likely. If all else fails, bring it in and they'll swap it on the spot .. unless it's a 2G iPhone, in which case they may force you to buy a new one. If that's the case, and you bought it with a credit card like Amex, you should call them up and exercise your warranty-extending options. My wife had the credit card company pick up the tab on her new 3G (including the activation fee!) because her touchscreen failed 15 months after purchase (just outside of Apple's warranty).

14. zoeconner thread starter macrumors regular

Its a 3g. I did a restore to new phone six times. It now isn't grayed out but it says it cant scan for connections. I might keep doing it and see what happens. Let you know. Would DFU be better?

15. zoeconner thread starter macrumors regular

OK I first did a network reset and now its grayed out again.:mad:

16. Blackforge macrumors 6502

With how many times you restored, I'd say a DFU couldn't hurt at this point :D

17. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

When I did the update and restored my iPod I had to re-enter the network and settings and such. Are you sure you entered the right info? Or did it at all?

18. zoeconner thread starter macrumors regular

I did it DFU mode but still nothing. No I cant even access the WIFI settings. I use WIFI alot. Would ATT exchange phones? Or just apple stores?