Updated Perian and Flash, now FLV.quicklook doesn't display finder previews of .FLVs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by barkmonster, Aug 21, 2010.

1. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

I checked that all of them are up to date too. flv.quicklook hasn't being updated since 2007 and I guess it's stopped working with the most recent update of Perian/Flash.

I updated both at the same time so I'm not sure which one broke the quicklook plug-in but it requires perian so I'm leaning that way.

Anyone know of a fix?

2. CMT macrumors regular

CMT

Do you really need the plugin?

I remember I used it in the past, but removed as it was really crappy in early times.

Then when I updated to Snow Leopard quicklooking flv come back, obviously if Perian is installed.

3. CMT macrumors regular

CMT

Sorry,

Just noticed you're running 10.5.8.

Then I really don't know a fix, but probably it has not been updated since 2007 as the system itself brings the solution…

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm running 10.5.8 with Perian 1.2.1 and Flash 10,1,82,76. I have no problems with using Quick Look on .flv files in Finder.

5. barkmonster thread starter macrumors 68020

barkmonster

I've updated flash, I've updated perian and I get a preview if I go to get info on an FLV file but it takes a second or 2 to render it. Maybe flash is getting progressively slower on older PowerPC systems with each update and it's just timing out so it doesn't lock my system up trying?