Updated Pixel skin hd case from apple.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by exile213, Aug 25, 2010.

1. exile213 macrumors newbie

Just got mine today and its seems to be an updated version from the original pixel skin hd case. It has a bigger flash cutout and the volume and power buttons are different. Also the case seems a lot stiffer and harder. Almost feels like a different material. Also with the updated version u have to press the power button really hard in order to turn on the phone. In my opinion the original case is way better.

2. exile213 thread starter macrumors newbie

I also just notice that is has a bigger vibrate cutout and bigger speakers cutouts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Wow, the updated one looks sharp. Compared to the older one, the newer version looks more like a final product.

4. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Visually the newer one seems better, but of course changing what it is made of changes a lot more than looks. I have a Speck Fitted coming (in like a month :p) and they made the cutout bigger but I don't think they redisgned it nearly as much overall as the pixel skin.

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

The ease in which you can press the power button on the first version is why I like it so much. No updating for me!

6. Hemmo macrumors regular

new is black and old is blue?im getting one of those thru apple case program just dont know when it arrives..

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That's what I picked through the case program.

Doesn't looks so fly at the moment; looks like I'll be picking something else up… :(

8. Hemmo macrumors regular

i just ordered that case becouse i need some protection when im out on town getting boozed up :D i think im getting white bumber when apple store sells them again..

9. brdwygurl macrumors regular

The pictures on the speck website still look like the original version (camera cutout). I wonder if they made a different (cheaper?) version for the free case program. Or if they just haven't updated the site.

10. exile213 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that's why I really hate the updated version. You have to really press hard on the power button. It even kinda hurts your finger. While the old version is nice and soft. Also I don't know if u could tell in the pics but the edges are more squared and the case also looks more wide than the original thus making the phone look bigger. I have no clue why they changed the original design when its was perfect. Maybe since they are giving them away they created this new version which might be cheaper to make.