Updated Snow Leapord CDs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MaskedCarrot, Dec 25, 2010.

1. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

I bought Snow Leapord when it was originally released but never installed it.

But now I wanted to go ahead and finally get rid of Leapord, but was wondering if the copies of SL that Apple sells in the stores are updated already with the latest updates or are they just the same original CD from the initial launch?

I would prefer to install SL which has all the latest updates and Boot Camp drivers already on the disk. I know it won't be exactly up to date, but fairly recent.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It would likely be the same DVD. Software update would have to take care of the rest.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

The ones in the Apple store now have a little "now with 10.6.3!" sticker, so that's as current as it gets.

B

4. davidlv macrumors 65816

Prior to the install, download the 10.6.5 Combo updater from Apple and run it directly after the install. That will do most of the updating required, and you will save some time running the software update procedure. Having one of the newer 10.6.3 Install DVDs is required for some of the later machines, but if your computer came with Leopard, 10.6.0 should boot fine.