updated Speck Candyshell with PS Anti-Glare

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by psywzrd, Aug 20, 2010.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm not sure if this combo has been posted here or not so I figured I'd post a few pics. I'm really digging the Candyshell so far. It might be a little bulkier than I'd like it to be, but it feels great in my hand and it will provide drop protection. It's almost identical in size to the Seidio Innocase Surface but it offers more drop protection than that case (I like the material of the Innocase better though). Buttons are pretty easy to press. As you can hopefully see, it does not bubble my screen protector at all either. As long as you have the protector on perfect or close to it, you won't have a problem with this case.

I just put the PS Anti-Glare on today (previously had an SGP Ultra Oleo installed). I just couldn't deal with the fingerprints and smudges on the Oleo anymore. The clarity of it is amazing but I couldn't keep the thing clean. I've always use PS AG in the past so I'm hoping that I can get used to the reduction in clarity. If not I may try the PS Crystal again, although I'm sure the fingerprints will be bad with that as well. I have to admit that it's nice to not have to look at fingerprints and facial grease all the time. Too bad no company can make a crystal clear shield that doesn't show fingerprints - they would make a mint.

Anyway, here are the pics. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

2. wwjbd24 macrumors member

cool! what's the color called? where'd you get it?

3. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Got it online from at&t. It's called BatWingBlack

4. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

A tad bit too thick for my liking. Can't fault the quality of Speck products though. Bought the Fitted case, is awaiting the Geometric and PixelHD cases as well.

5. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I agree that it's a tad thick but I'm getting used to it. The phone just feels so safe in this thing and I really do like the looks of it. If they could make it a little thinner and use a similar material to the Seidio Innocase, it would be just about perfect I think. I'm still very happy with it though.

6. intervenient macrumors 6502a

I'm rocking the CandyShell and the SGP Ultra Oloephobic. Yes, the case is bulk, but the piece of mind is a great trade off. I only wish that the rubber on the sides wouldn't wear off like they do.

7. hitteam macrumors member

hitteam

Is your side rubber still flaking on the new revised version? Mine new one start flaking like my old one again, I really hope it won't get worse.

8. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I probably haven't had mine long enough for it to start flaking but I'll definitely post back here if it does. I'll be contact Speck as well if that happens.

9. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

They should make a bumper version. i'd buy it then, but that back scratches horribly.

10. missygal Guest

missygal

Just took back the defender and bought this exact case at Target. I'm really happy with it, seems like a good solid case.

11. Edking4 macrumors member

12. missygal Guest

missygal

The black only! Same as above^