Updated to 3.0b (on a 1.0.2 phone) - Now installer is missing.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by isotonic, Oct 20, 2007.

1. isotonic macrumors newbie

Hi. This morning I ran my app tapp installer on my unlocked 1.0.2 phone and it alerted me an update was available. I assume it was 3.0b. I ran the install and now the icon is missing from my home screen - either it has been removed or is being crowded out by the other icons - Launcher, Apollo, Stumbler, iLight.

So, the installed apps are still there but I can no longer run the installer to update or anything else.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Marcjcd macrumors member

Got the update here too on a jailbroken 1.1.1 and when the apptapp update completed I lost the installer icon as well. When I tried to reset the phone via power off it then gave me the connect to iTunes on the screen. Once I did that, it made me total reset which I'm sure will jail my iPhone again!

Anyone else having this??

3. isotonic thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: it appears that the installer icon had indeed been pushed out of view, and as I didn't have summerboard installed I couldn't scroll to it. I've now reinstalled the earlier AppTapp, then installed summerboard and upgraded AppTapp to 3.ob without any problems.

4. Marcjcd macrumors member

But did you reinstall Apptapp on 1.0.2 then let it upgrade? I was already running it on 1.1.1 and I really dont want to have to AGAIN downgrade to 1.0.2, then install apptapp, then get the update.