Updated to 8.4.1 and...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Knowlege Bomb, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Knowlege Bomb, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015

Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Check out my signal/wifi indicators...

I'm about to jump to 9.0. Hopefully they survive that upgrade too. I really like them.

Update: they didn't make it. :(

Attached Files:

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Kinda cool!

Mine's a little different. 8.1.2.

2015-08-27 18.55.30.png

3. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I like.

Any ideas on how they were able to carry over to the *unjailbreakable* 8.4.1?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Some stuff doesn't get messed with some times.

For instance…my very first iPhone was a 3GS. I had it jailbroken on iOS 5 and I had Anchor installed. When I got my iPhone 5 I restored from my iCloud backup. From September 2012 until February 2013 when they jailbroke iOS 6 I had one extra homescreen that was entirely blank (which I do intentionally when I am jailbroken). That was because when I backed up from my jailbroken 3GS I had an iBlank on that screen and it carried over into the restore on my iPhone 5.

You never know what will stick around.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Very nice :)

Unfortunately I lost my jailbreak recently and am on iOS 8.4.1

Still hurts. :(

At least I can use :apple: Pay now.

6. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

I had to take my 6 plus in for the shifting camera. I wiped it clean to 8.4 the night before but on my way to the store I noticed i still had wifi dots!! whoops The genius bar attendant noticed I'm pretty sure but never said anything.

I then brought my new phone (8.4.1) home and was too busy with birthday weekend stuff to load 8.4 and jailbreak. They stopped signing 8.4 FML

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I had the same experience last year. Went in to replace a cable for my wife and the Apple Genius noticed my iPhone 5 was swelling. I scheduled an appointment to replace it the next day, but in her noticing it, it was extremely obvious it was jailbroken (because I was not there for my phone). But she made the offer of replacement anyway with a total tone of indifference concerning my jailbreak.

I think, unless you're really copping an attitude, the genuises really don't care that much anymore.

Not that I would take that risk and try and get warranty service with my jailbreak still on the phone though. ;)

8. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I think it all depends on the person you speak to. I brought my black silicone case into my local Apple Store to because it was coming apart and when I walked in there was another guy(real dickhead) and he was returning his leather case but was going on about how crap it was and being loud about it and they refused to replace or refund because they said it was normal ware. I wanted to hear what they were saying so I stayed close by.

The guy stormed off and I looked at the guy who was shaking his head and he then asked if he could help me. I said I don't think so because I just heard what you said to the other guy and explained what was wrong with my case. He took a quick look at the case and asked replacement or refund, which would you like.

As long as your nice to the person your dealing with I think it goes a long way. Of course if the person your dealing with is a jobsworth then no matter how nice you are your not going to get very far.

I go to the same guy every time I go to the store now, we are even on first names terms. Before I jailbroke my iPhone 6 I asked him how that would affect my warranty and he said that as long as I restore the phone they would know. He asked for my email and sent me detailed instructions on how to do a DFU restore.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I think this goes for any business really. Not to brag, but we (me, my son and my daughter) have the loyalty of our local Starbucks baristas simply because we are polite, clean up after ourselves, don't cause problems and don't demand from the baristas things that are not their job.

A little common courtesy goes a long way in these days and times.

10. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Unfortunately it is something that is harder to find these days.

11. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Interesting. I brought in my 6 both times because of a clicking screen and home button issue. They never said anything about my jail break and replaced the screen.

It's not like the jailbreak causes the home button to get stuck in the phone anyways lol.

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Very true. But if you have a genius who's looking for a reason to deny warranty an obvious jailbreak gives Apple that out very quickly.

13. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Yup, thats when you run cydia impactor :) lol

14. faizoff macrumors regular

Wait is apple pay not working with the jailbreak anymore? I'm on 8.1 and have been using apple pay since the beginning without any issues. Or is this something with newer versions of iOS?

15. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi

I am in the UK and when on my previous iOS 8.2.1 the option to add a card in Passbook was missing. Even when changing to the U.S. Region it showed up but would not let me add my card unfortunately.

16. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Yeah I decided to give mine up since I had been reading a lot about how stable iOS 9 was and that Pangu had announced another vulnerability and that they would be saving it for after the big update. I'm missing some things but all in all I'm pretty happy with where iOS has ended up.

I will obviously jailbreak once it's available just for the minor visual tweaks. The slow animation fix is probably the one thing I'm missing most.

17. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

Not sure where his comment came out of... iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, jailbroken... Apple Pay works just fine. Guessing he's referring to one of his apps that has jailbreak detection which also happens to use Apple Pay. Otherwise, he's got something else going on. ApplePay works just fine in iOS 8.4 jailbroken, for the record.

18. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

When I looked in my passbook their was no option to add a card only the 'passes' bit.

If I changed the region in my iPhone to US then the option to add a card appeared but every time I tried I got a pop up saying I had to update my iOS to continue.

Maybe it's because I'm in the UK I don't know.

When I lost my JB and updated to iOS 8.4.1 the option then appeared to let me add a debit card.

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm in the US, but my phone is set to UK., but I can make the option to add a card appear on my iPhone if I set it back to the US.

Unfortunately, any attempt to add a card results in the screen blinking once and that's it.

Just my experience on 8.1.2.

20. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

Whats the name of your signal and wifi indicators theme? Thnx

21. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

They're part of a full system theme called AIR.

22. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

Nice. Thanks a lot:)

23. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Hallelujah!

I went to Apple this morning to have my shifted front facing camera fixed before my warranty expired and they ended up giving me a replacement phone since I'd already had the display replaced once.

Great news is it came with 8.4 (almost yelled NO! when he offered to update it for me). So I'm back in the jailbreak game. Probably for good this time.

Anybody aware of a way I can use just the signal/wifi part of the AIR theme?