Updated to iOS 5 now AT&T 3G no longer will load webpages

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by corbin_a2, Nov 1, 2011.

1. corbin_a2 macrumors regular

I just upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and have noticed that web sites are no longer loading with Safari. This problem is limited to the loading of websites using 3G AT&T data. Websites load fine when using wi-fi. Also google works for web search, but when I try to load the page that I was searching for (example apple.com) my connection will be timed out. Google maps is unaffected as well.

I have tried resetting network settings, done a hard reboot, and have restored to backup with no success.

I have taken my phone to the Apple Store and showed the problem to A Apple Genius and he too could not fix this problem and said that others with AT&T were coming in with the same problem.

I also tried my wife's phone, and others at work and they too are having the same problem.

This seams like a large problem as I have now tested 6 iPhones running iOS 5 and all have the same problem loading webpages using 3G.

Anyone else know what is going on?

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

Recent? AT&T have been having some issues the past 24 hours. There's a thread on here somewhere about it. Issues in MN, IA and states in the NE US I believe. So it might not be your device.

3. corbin_a2 thread starter macrumors regular

:(
    Tried a coworker's windows 7 phone and he had no 3G data issue. Limited to iPhones on AT&T?

4. tonejac macrumors newbie

Me too

I just launched a site ( http://napawapa.com ) and almost every time I try to load the site on AT&T 3G it times out. Usually if I turn on airplane mode and then back off it resets the 3G connection and it will load. But sometimes it doesn't load at all. Very frustrating!

I'm wondering if it is an issue with the DNS servers on the AT&T 3G network.

I wish there is a way to talk to a network admin at AT&T to help resolve the issue. Facebook and Google always work fine but it seems that other sites hbe issues.

Anyone heard of a way to resolve this?