Updated to iOS4 GM - no MMS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lougle, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Lougle macrumors member

I updated my iPhone 3GS to iOS4 gold master and now I have no MMS. The camera button does not appear in the Messages app. I restored the phone and MMS returned but as soon as I restore from my back up I loose it again.

Most likely this is the result of having installed numorus carrier profiles when in 3.0. I would really like to fix this problem so I don't have to start from square one. My carrier profile is currently set to version 7.0.

Any ideas?

2. bfern002 macrumors newbie

same exact thing happened to me. unfortunately, i had to start form scratch in order to maintain all functionality. wasnt that big a deal for me tho, as all my important info was google synced/backed up else where (other than itunes). well worth the trouble IMO.

3. outphase macrumors 65816

Did you verify that MMS was set to On in the Messages settings?

4. Lougle thread starter macrumors member

bfern002: I am taking about the camera roll, MMS conversations and other settings that have been in the making for a year. That stuff is not backed up anywhere but iTunes.

outphase: it's the strangest thing. There is no MMS option in the message app settings at all.

5. outphase macrumors 65816

You could attempt to reset all settings or just network settings. It should be there

[​IMG]

6. bfern002 macrumors newbie

If you haven't already done so, you can try to restore from a backup. Or you can jailbreak, then SSH into your phone and manually save your stuff. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to suggest. :confused:

7. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Which icon is that in the menu bar, to the right of the Bluetooth icon?

8. Lougle thread starter macrumors member

That is the battery status for a bluetooth headset that communicates with iPhone; such as Apple's now discontinued bluetooth headset.

9. BenzoHartt macrumors newbie

To solve the No camera option go to
    Settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network and manually input the APN etc. This will atleast get you the camera.

I'm currently stuck at the being unable to receive MMS problem. I can send but i can't receive. I always end up with the "The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction"

Can anyone post the MMS settings from 3.1.2 that were pretty much ALWAYS worked???

10. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Same thing here. Updated to 4.0 no 3G and no MMS.

11. gibbo18 macrumors newbie

I also have this problem, i have tried: -

- going to help.benm.at on the iphone and downloading the web settings profile for the correct carrier, this didnt work as didnt give me the right settings and put nothing in the MMS section.
    - Manually putting them in, i am from UK on a NON iPhone 02 contract, then doing a hard reset (holding the home and sleep for 10 secs), this didnt work either

I have a 3gs, which was jailbroken before, i downloaded the new iSO4 GM and did alt-restore, everything worked well, except the MMS button on the in messages, and no MMS settings in the messages settings tab (image shown below).

If anyone has a solution, please reply back

Attached Files:

12. zephxiii macrumors 6502

blah, i have this problem too after upgrading today.

13. EmilGH macrumors newbie

EmilGH

Anyone with iOS4 with working MMS and VoiceMail care to share their carrier settings? Pretty please? :)

14. Bradbiss macrumors newbie

This made the MMS icon appear for me

I have a 3.1.3 3GS - it was Jailbroken using Spirit. Upgraded to iOS4 and the MMS icon disappeared from the text message window and from images in photos.

I noticed that the path to the MMS server had changed from the standard which is below:

MMS
    APN: idata.o2.co.uk
    Username: vertigo
    Password: password
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    blank

Your MMSC path will be slightly different if your MMS is currently not working, I just changed mine to the above (you should only need to change the MMSC Path as I did) and MMS is working now on my 3GS