Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Updated to Mavericks, lost files in System/Library/Extensions

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
So basically, I had a folder that I kept buried in System/Library/Extensions/iChat/Plugins/Yahoo.imserviceplugin or something like that under my previous OS that is now gone when I look for it in Mavericks.

Does anyone know where this folder might have been moved to, or is it gone forever?

fisherking

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
you hid something in a system-level folder, which you overwrote installing a new system.

do you have a backup?

a better place to hide things: in your HOME library (for example)...which WOULDN'T be replaced with a new system...

Comment

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
you hid something in a system-level folder, which you overwrote installing a new system.

do you have a backup?

a better place to hide things: in your HOME library (for example)...which WOULDN'T be replaced with a new system...

Nah I didn't really think about it at the time, it's not a super huge deal; I was just wondering.

This is why I'm a hardware guy lol

Comment

satcomer

macrumors 604
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
So basically, I had a folder that I kept buried in System/Library/Extensions/iChat/Plugins/Yahoo.imserviceplugin or something like that under my previous OS that is now gone when I look for it in Mavericks.

Does anyone know where this folder might have been moved to, or is it gone forever?

The update was not capable with that program since iChat was replaced by Message in Mavericks.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.