Updated to new iTunes...cant delete songs now!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 2001ChevyZ71, Dec 14, 2012.

1. 2001ChevyZ71 macrumors member

WTF is up i cant delete songs from itunes now! like i right click and no option pops up to delete it!?!?! And when i drag it to the trash it does absolutely nothing!

2. RedCroissant Suspended

That's strange because I still have the option to delete my music and everything works normally. Perhaps try deleting the app and then reinstalling it.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Any chance that it's showing you a song that's in the cloud (like a previous purchase or something) and not on your computer to be able to be deleted?

4. arightenour macrumors newbie

I am in the middle of renovating my iTunes library. When I select a song and press the delete key I get the option is keeping the file or not. I am keeping the files for now, then the selected song is removed. But if was a ITunes Store purchase the album remain with a iCloud icons by it for re downloading later on. That is as far as I've gotten so far. Still getting use to the new iTunes.

5. irus7 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. The new itune update is not good. OPTION + DELETE worked. You could try.

6. 2001ChevyZ71 thread starter macrumors member

also anyone know how in the hell to get itunes to sort the songs by the date they were added!?!?!?! I cant find how to do it? Dam why do they have to go and switch what is good

7. 2001ChevyZ71 thread starter macrumors member

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Nothing has changed when it comes to sorting by date added.

Attached Files:

9. tinypaws, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013

tinypaws macrumors newbie

I know, it's been frustrating me to the point where I am now going to change my default mp3 player. I can't see how to look at All Music to find the ones I want to clear out and make sure they go into the trash, not just get removed from the library.

Option+Delete works. It's easy enough to do, once you figure out how.

I have found out that I can see all the music by clicking on 'Songs' across the top, just below the timeline and player controls. They have organized it differently, for better or worse.

----------

That works for me. Thank you SO much! I was getting so frustrated.