updateing folder files/ backing up files

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PavelT, Mar 18, 2013.

1. PavelT macrumors member

Hello.

I am contantly adding new music to my itunes. i just wanted to know how to update my music library without having to replace, or delete files? i hear an album, then i like to move it to a external hard drive... it would be very tedious task to move or remember every new song i get. i just want to update it constantly for back up to make sure i have every song. and i dont want to clone my computer because then that would delete older files that i still want.

i hope that makes sense. any help? thanks

2. PavelT thread starter macrumors member

to anyone in this situation...... i have found a solution. when dragging newer files. the dialog box comes up with the options (ie; skip, dont replace, replace all, merge, etc).....well if Merge comes up in the first dialogue box, check the box that says apply to all and press Merge and your done. only the new files will be added.....but if you dont get Merge in your first dialog box, you will have to press Skip or Don't Replace, 1 by 1 [dont check apply to all when doing this, or it will close the transfer] until you see the Merge option, then when the Merge option comes up, then just check the apply to all and your done :)