Updater won't download

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MACB123, Nov 19, 2008.

1. MACB123 macrumors newbie

My iTunes stopped working when i connected my ipod, the computer would freeze and would have to restart. So when i restarted the computer for the 10th time i decided to download the update that i had been igorning it came along with 4 other updates, they installed fine but the itunes update 8.0.1 did not download instead an unexpected error occured. Now i've tried to download it many times and at first it would put the packets in the trash but now it just says "an unexpected error occured" and now neither Safari or iTunes will update, i can't listen to music because i deleted itunes and its folders in an attempt to get it to work. That failed horribly. I have tried installing previous versions and that does not work aswell

Randomly my computer freezes now and i have to wait for minutes at a time. How do i get this to work?

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Can you give us a little more details as in what machine you have? That would help. Also have you preformed any routine maintained like verify disk permissions?

3. MACB123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried to verify disk permissions but the computer just slows down until i have to restart it

i'm running on a macbook. OS 10.4