Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimmyChen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2009
Hello everyone

I recently clean installed Mavericks on my MacBook Pro mid 2009. Everything runs great, except I am having the App Store keep asking me to update 10.9.4. I did about 12 times updates and the update still show up. I am pretty sure it is the same thing since it says this update include Safari 7.0.5 every time...
Does anyone had the same problem? What can I do to fix this issue??

Thanks!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
The combo 10.9.4 updater will install on any Mavericks version, from 10.9 to 10.9.4
"Why would I want to install the 10.9.4 updater, when 10.9.4 is already installed" you may ask?
It will check in your system for any and all system files that should be updated, but may not have completed for some unknown reason, and can be one way to "prune" your system install of unneeded bits that may have accumulated.
And the combined updater may fix up that little glitch that is now reporting that the update is not installed, when it may be perfectly fine (and might be just a glitch in how it is reported by the system.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.