Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bennyf11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Hey All,

It seems that I can update my Mac Store apps, but not my other apps via Software Update.

Is anyone else having the same issue at all?

delwynnpawn

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2011
Canada
Issue with updates

I tried using software update and was redirected to App Store. There I saw updates available but they don't seem to install properly. Every time I try installing them, mac would say updates installed successfully but after the required restart they will still appear on the updates section of the App Store. Probably a bug or something. Updates refer to an EFI firmware update and software update for my printer.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
I tried using software update and was redirected to App Store. There I saw updates available but they don't seem to install properly. Every time I try installing them, mac would say updates installed successfully but after the required restart they will still appear on the updates section of the App Store. Probably a bug or something. Updates refer to an EFI firmware update and software update for my printer.

Same issue. I have a printer update that doesn't seem to want to install, yet when I updated iLife and iTunes the other day it worked just fine.

aldejesus

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
PR

Having the exact same issue. I just re-install Mountain Lion Preview, lets see if still happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.