Updates seem to be kinda weird on Leopard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vader1990, Mar 22, 2009.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

So yesterday, I opened iPhoto, and it said that it needed to download updates--update to version 8.0.1 or something, so I ran "Software Updates" and it gave me NOTHING!! Like legit, it says everything is up-to-date.

I then looked in my Apps folder, and I saw that I had a sub-folder called iLife'09, so I was like hmmm...so I moved all the iLife apps out of that sub-folder and directly into the "Applications" folder....sure enough it found the iPhoto 8.0.1 and some Raw Camera Update?!

What gives? Will I have to do the same for CS4 Adobe Master Collection? And iWork 09? And all my other apps? Because the CS4 has like 20 apps, and I hate seeing my Apps folder SOO unorganized.....

Anyone have any insight on this?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple Software Update won't work with CS4, for various reasons. Did you make the folder called "iLife"?

If so, don't do that. :p Take your iWork stuff out of that folder and put them directly into the Applications folder, too.

And then just make a Stack of your Applications folder so that you don't have to use the Finder to get what you want.

3. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

Same issue here as well. I have all of my applications sorted into various categories (because I hate a messy applications folder as well), and when it came time to updating iLife, it would only do it when all apps were located in /Applications.

It's very odd but I guess something that will be addressed in a later OS X version, or Leopard update. No idea, to be honest. Does anyone know if Tiger had this same issue?