Updates to MacBook's maybe, maybe not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, May 14, 2009.


Apple Notebooks update/refresh. What's your guess?

  1. We'll see an update before the conference

    3 vote(s)
  2. MacBook 'minor' updates will be announced at WWDC

    12 vote(s)
  3. MacBook 'major' updates will be announced at WWDC

    2 vote(s)
  4. Already did an update, example MBP 2.5 to 2.66, nothing else until Sept/Oct

    13 vote(s)
  5. Big Updates for sure coming in June and worth the wait !!

    0 vote(s)
  1. entatlrg macrumors 68040


    Mar 2, 2009
    Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
    Going from history MacBooks are updated every 6 - 7 months, right?

    If that's correct than we're due almost overdue right now and the conference is still a month away.

    It is a mystery, but what's everyone's guess as to when or if we'll see a major update soon.

    Take the poll!

    Should be interesting.

    What's anyone's guess that we'll see physical changes in the next MacBooks such as more USB ports, cosmetic changes etc ... OR ... is it quite possible they'll stay the same until Q1 2010?
  2. lazydesi macrumors 6502

    Oct 30, 2006
    Gr8 Adelaide
  3. magamo macrumors 6502

    Apr 6, 2009
    I think there will be a minor update in the near future as usual, but more ports and such are unlikely. Changes in design are highly unlikely, I suppose.
  4. entatlrg thread starter macrumors 68040


    Mar 2, 2009
    Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
    poll results are interesting, not what I expected, a lot of people are really hoping for updates for example faster processor and larger SSD in the Air.
  5. alphaod macrumors Core


    Feb 9, 2008
    I see Apple not updating the computer at all short of releasing Snow Leopard; with MacWorld now out of the way, they can focus on WWDC in June, iPods in September, and then computer updates around the break between autumn and winter, and winter and spring.

    Besides, releasing a new computer update would require new processors from Intel first, unless Apple decides to switch to AMD which I do not see them doing so until AMD releases a kick-ass product.
  6. bbadalucco macrumors 6502

    Jan 4, 2009
    Intel does have the T9900 out (3.06), maybe they'd throw one of those in the MBP?
  7. entatlrg thread starter macrumors 68040


    Mar 2, 2009
    Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
    So if we wanted to buy a 15" MBP, 2.6 ghz with 256SSD then we're not too likely to be disappointed with a major update in the near future?

    When does anyone think MacBooks will start shipping with Snow Leopard, Sept/Oct '09?
  8. Bronzit macrumors newbie


    Mar 23, 2009
    Escondido, CA, USA
    1 Update has already happened.

    I have the October 08 UMBP 15.4" 4GB 2.8 GHz. There was an Update in January, if I remember correctly, to 2.93 GHz.

    I waited for this machine since I bought my PB G4 15" in 06/04. I was ready to buy a NEW MBP for over 1 year B4 this 1 came out, but I waited. I did not want just a step-up, but a whole new deal, which this is. I do not recommend that you try to out-wait the Technology Rat Race as you'll still lose. The only winners are the manufacturers!

    I have the 320 GB HD & am thinking of upgrading some soon day to a 500 GB, so I say that that 256 GB SSD you're looking @ is gonna get too small, very quickly! i just upgraded my PB G4 to a 320 GB HD, from the previous 160 GB HD upgrade from 80, so you see what I mean? My wife has the PB G4 & is very happy with it, having come from a Wallstreet!!! But she ran out of HD space on the 160 - too many photos & MP3's (6,300 & 39,000, respectively).
  9. m1stake macrumors 68000

    Jan 17, 2008
    Oh man, I almost feel bad for them. It sure has been a while since they made a really superior chip.

Share This Page