Updates?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TheYankees1903, Jun 22, 2008.

1. TheYankees1903 macrumors regular

I am looking to get a new Mac computer and was wondering when each would be updated. The way I understand it (for the models I am looking at) now is:

Macbook - August 2008
    Macbook Air - January 2009
    Macbook Pro - August 2008
    iMac - August 2008

Anything here that you guys would predict to be wrong?
    Whether I am wrong or not throw your (well educated) predictions for each below.

Thank You,
    TheYankees1903 :apple:

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sure, maybe not, who knows.

Dude use search; a gazillion speculation thread already.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That's about right. You forgot two, though.

Mac Mini - stock allowed to run out; pulled from store
    Mac Pro - MacWorld '10

Yes, 2010. Why? Nehalem using FB-DIMMs isn't scheduled until Q4 '09.

4. TheYankees1903 thread starter macrumors regular

But...

When do you think we will see a Quad Core iMac? Do you think the Quad Core will be have a premium price?

Do you really think the Macbook Air will not be updated until January 2009? What about the new low power Intel chips expected to be released in Q3 of this year?

Let Me Know,

5. cwheatley macrumors member

I know everyone wants to see their MacBooks updated, but I really think that August would be a really terrible time to do it. It doesn't make any business sense to push sales of the MacBook so hard for three or so months for the Back-to-School promotion, and then turn right around and update them when most students have made their purchases.

If the MacBooks are indeed updated in August, there are going to be a lot of angry college students. Or at least parents. :cool:

6. TheYankees1903 thread starter macrumors regular

I had thought of that but then when do you think? I mean June is pretty much over and still to early. July would take thunder away from the iPhone 3G which they would almost never let happen. You explained the problem with August. September is iPod month. October is pretty far away and too close to Xmas.

What do you think?

Let Me Know,

7. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Well the macbook/pro august sounds about right, but I don't think the imac will be updated in august '08 since they were just recently updated...

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nehalem will be the first quad core iMac. Yes, they'll wait a year to update their niche. Yes, there will be Montevina MacBooks MacBook Pros, and iMacs.

9. TheYankees1903 thread starter macrumors regular

When is Nehalem? Is it likely that the Quad-Core iMac will come at a premium? How much do you think if that is the case?

Thanks,

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nehalem for iMacs, MacBooks, and MacBook Pros is Q2 '09.
    Nehalem for the Mac Pro is Q4 '09.

Do processor upgrades come at a premium now? Of course. Quad-core will probably be the standard in the highest-end 24" iMac and the 17" MacBook Pro.

11. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I'm thinking of getting a new Macbook Pro and wasn't sure if it's worth buying now since the product is about 1/2 through its update cycle according to the Macrumors Buyer's Guide.