Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahage16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
On friday, I got my 1st generation ipod touch and was so excited I i used ziphone to jailbreak it without really looking into it too much. I downgraded to 1.14 in able to do this. After looking around more, I realize there are methods that would work with 2.x firmwares. Does that mean they work with the app store and other upgrades? Is there a way to update to 2.x and still keep all of my current apps?
Thanks for any help and I am looking forward to becoming to becoming a regular poster!!:D

RRutter

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Austin, TX
On friday, I got my 1st generation ipod touch and was so excited I i used ziphone to jailbreak it without really looking into it too much. I downgraded to 1.14 in able to do this. After looking around more, I realize there are methods that would work with 2.x firmwares. Does that mean they work with the app store and other upgrades? Is there a way to update to 2.x and still keep all of my current apps?
Thanks for any help and I am looking forward to becoming to becoming a regular poster!!:D

If you would like to up-jailbreak to 2.0 jailbroken firmware, than you CAN get Apps from the app store, or used cracked apps, but that is illegal.

You cannot transfer 1.1.4 apps from Installer.app onto 2.0 jailbroken OR unjailbroken firmware. Sorry.

linden

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
If you would like to up-jailbreak to 2.0 jailbroken firmware, than you CAN get Apps from the app store, or used cracked apps, but that is illegal.

You cannot transfer 1.1.4 apps from Installer.app onto 2.0 jailbroken OR unjailbroken firmware. Sorry.

No more said.

ahage16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
well, i just restored it to to 2.1 and then jailbroke it with quickpwn, and now things are running beautifully, thanks :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.