Updating Address Book

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by slunky, Sep 15, 2007.

1. slunky macrumors newbie

I made the mistake of replacing 10.3 Address Book with 10.4 Address Book. When I reinstalled Address Book from the original restore disks, I get the 10.1 version. How do I update to 10.3 ?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Huh? What OS are you running? Installing Address Book from the install discs of the OS you're running and overwriting whatever you have installed now should suffice.

3. slunky thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm running 10.3 on an iMac G4 800 Mhz. I had a Macbook with 10.4, and when I was transfering everything to the iMac, I replaced; instead of copying the info from Address Book. The restore disc for the iMac is 10.1, but I can't seem to find the updates anywhere to get it from 10.1 to 10.4. ( I just restored Address Book; nothing else )

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So you're moving from the MacBook to the iMac... Well your best option is probably to find the 10.3 discs and get Address Book from there.

5. slunky thread starter macrumors newbie

The macbook is long gone with the 10.3 restore disks. Is there anyway of finding the updates on apple's site?

6. I'm a ROb macrumors member

I'm a little puzzled:

you had:
    macbook with 10.4

you moved to:
    iMac with 10.3

then:
    get rid of the macbook with 10.3

so:
    what happend to the 10.4 install? where are those discs?

in your original question: you replaced AB 10.4 with AB 10.3... and that's the one you wanted ??? :confused: I'm really puzzled...

anyhow: you should get a (legal) copy of the 10.3 discs. If you don't want to go to tha :apple:-store: try ebay.

7. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    The MacBook can't run 10.3...:confused:

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, I'm super confused by this whole thread....

You have an iMac. It originally shipped with 10.1 (for which you have discs); you upgraded it to 10.3 somehow at some point, but you don't have those discs anymore.

You have a Macbook with 10.4, and you tried to copy its copy of Address Book onto the iMac, which won't work for multiple reasons (because that copy of Address Book needs 10.4 and because that copy of Address Book needs an Intel processor).

So now you don't have any install discs for 10.3? Because you sold them with another Mac (could not have been a Macbook)? Which of course also means you should not be running Tiger to begin with....

And you don't have a backup, I'm presuming, of the iMac's contents before you did this, either?

Then I think your major options are...

1) Assuming you actually have any legal reason to be running 10.3 to begin with (and didn't pirate / borrow it), get someone who has install discs for 10.3 to let you borrow them and use Pacifist to re-install Address Book.

2) Have that person just give you a 10.3 / PPC copy of Address Book off their computer.

3) Buy your own copies of the 10.3 discs