Updating AMD 6770m Driver in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sk zen, Aug 23, 2012.

1. sk zen macrumors newbie

Ok, this is driving me bat **** crazy.

I have a late 2011 MBP with the aformentioned graphics card, I'm trying to update to the latest driver. Of course, I get that "you have the wrong adapter" nonsense when I try to update...any help? I don't know what I'm doing.

2. leekaiwei macrumors member

leekaiwei

Ahh yes that problem. Annoying as hell. First of all get DriverSweeper and remove anything to do with AMD Graphics and then reboot. Then download the driver, I got mine from here: http://www2.ati.com/DriVeRs/mobile/12-8_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc.exe. It should be able to install now. Take notice that this is for Windows 7 64-bit so if that is not what you're using then I can provide you with other links.

3. sk zen thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. i have 64 bit but that link is dead.

4. leekaiwei macrumors member

leekaiwei

5. sk zen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a ton. I haven't tried this yet but I'll look into it. What do you mean by trusted source? I don't know of any. I'll just proceed with caution.
    I don't see 6770m listed among supported mobile cards, I'm guessing that's what I need to search for?

6. leekaiwei macrumors member

leekaiwei

Trusted source in that the driver is actually a driver. You know how there are some sources where they give you some crapware like driver checkers instead. Ideally yes your card should be on the list.

7. sk zen thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Godfrey macrumors newbie

Links for mobility 12.8 win 8 x64 are broken and I couldn't find them anywhere. Can someone upload them? Thank you in advance.